APPLYING FOR AN AUTHORIZATION @ SAK

Monday, February 4, 2013

Statens Autorisasjonskontor for helsepersonell (SAK) is the authorizing body in Norway for medical professions.

So lets get into it! Here is the general steps as listed on SAK:

In order to apply for authorisation, follow these instructions:


 HOW TO APPLY for an AUTHORIZATION:

1. GO to www.sak.no and you will see this:

 2. Then Click the green button "SØK OM AUTORISASJON HER" and then you go to the next page:

3. Then click "HELSEFAGARBEIDER" under the list of professions (Auxillary Nurse).
NOTE: As I was answering inquiries about what to apply for, SYKEPLEIER (nurse) or HELSEFAGARBEIDER (Auxillary Nurse), Filipino nurses have to pass exams first (language and adaptation program exams) before they can apply for the Sykepleier Autorisasjon (RN License). So to shed light to the confusion, NO, one can not start working here as a nurse, but as a Auxillary nurse first.


4. Download the PDF:

a. the Guidelines for Application for authorization and license as health personnel
b. Application form for Authorization and License for Health Personnel in Norway
c. Check List for documentation

5. Make Certified copies of your documents. As stated on the Guideline:

The various attachments to the application must be certified copies. Do not send original documents.

How to certify copies?
All copies attached to your application have to be certified page by page. By certification we mean a stamp and signature form the certifier. The certifier confirms the copy and the original documents being identical. The stamp has to clearly show the name of the certifying institution.

Who can certify?
    • A notary public,
    • Norwegian embassies and consular missions,
    • lawyers and
    • public offices (i.e. municipalities, county authorities state offices, NAV)
6. Send your application to:


Statens Autorisasjonskontor for helsepersonell (SAK)
P.O. Box 8053 Dep
NO-0031 Oslo, Norway
Other contact info:
Telephone: +47 21 52 97 00,
Fax: +47 21 52 97 03
E-mail: post@sak.no


7. Pay the FEE. Once you sent your application, you will receive a bill (GIRO). Pay them at the bank.
The costs related to application for authorisation is NOK 1560,-
8. How long should you wait?

The time required to process applications depends on the country of education:
Educated in Norway: 4-6 weeks
Educated in the Nordic countries: 4-6 weeks (health care workers educated in Sweden currently has an extended proccessing time of 3 months)
Educated in the EU/EEA: 3-4 months
Educated outside the EU/EEA:
  • Psychologist: 6 months
  • Nurse: 6 Months
  • Health care worker: 6 months
  • Medical Practitioner: 6 months
  • Dentist: SAK regrets to inform our applicants that we currently has an extensive processing time concerning this particular profession.
    However, we have great empghasis on these files and applications and have implemented measures to reduce4 the processing time.
    We are currently requesting necessary documentation from applicants, in order to finalise applications within the first 6 months of 2013.
So there you go folks, I hope this walk through was simple to follow and helpful enough for you in applying for an Authorization. :) Good Luck!





           

3 comments:

Arianne Amado said...

Hi, I'm wondering if you can help me clarify some things regarding working in Norway. :) I'm sorry because I'm sure I'm going to post a long comment here. hehe

Earlier this month, my friend invited me to a Norwegian language class orientation (free). I don't know how he learned about it and I never really bothered asking. Making a long story short, after that orientation I was interested in going to Norway to work as a helsefagarbeider. However, I just read in one of your posts the warning issued by the Philippine embassy against language tutorials/courses proliferating in the country. I already reserved a slot for this language class and it is due to start next month. The total tuition for a 2-month course is 40,000php. They did inform us during the orientation that they are not an agency and that we, ourselves, have to apply online for our visa, authorization and all that. They will, however, guide us during the application process. After going through your blogspot though, I now have a couple of questions about the entire process of finding work in Norway.

1. Is it reasonable to learn the Norwegian language prior to going to Norway? If so, do I still have to take language classes when I do get there? (additional question: is 40,000php a rip-off? :D)

2. I am an R.N. but I never practiced. Would I still qualify as a helsefagarbeider?

3. When you applied before, did you have to secure proof of housing and proof of subsistence (show money)?

4. Do I have to undergo further studies when I get there and work on my free time only or there's no need to be a student anymore?

I have other questions but those are the ones bothering me the most. I hope you can respond to my inquiries when you have time. You may email me at missariannegrace22@hotmail.com. Your reply will be much appreciated. Thank you. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi I just want to ask if I can pay thru a bank here in the philippines using US dollars instead of NOK? Thank you

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I couldn't find your email address on your website. Mind if I ask for it?